Ideal for whole class teaching through a white(smart)board!
The software enables teachers to deliver lessons in a fun and engaging way to children, a wide variety of activities. With all the resources a teacher requires at the touch of a button, program is fun and easy to use.
Key Features Of The Software:
- Suitable for use on Promethean, Smart and all other interactive whiteboards
- Software will run on both PC and Mac
- Full and extensive year's program for teaching Jolly Phonics
- Ideal for use with children aged 4-6 years
- Structured daily sessions, complete with teacher's notes that can be viewed or printed
- Interactive lessons with lots of blending, spelling and writing practise, ideal for whole class or independent use
- Audio option for hearing the letter sounds, Jolly Jingles and Jolly Songs and story option
- Extensive selection of worksheets, templates and games that can be printed and used in class to reinforce teaching. These can also be given as homework
Provides daily flipcharts, each introducing a letter sound as well as review of letter sounds already taught. So for example, if the letter sound /t/ is being taught the flipchart will provide revision of the previous sounds /s/ and /a/ which will have been taught. By the end of Step 1, children should know all the 42 main letter sounds and the first set of tricky words. This will enable children to blend them together to read and write simple words.
Tricky Words in Step 1: I, he, she, be, to, do, the, me, we, was, are, all
Builds on the teaching in Step 1. It provides 12 weekly units, and follows a similar format of daily review and consolidation, along with extension topics for the week. These include additional tricky words and the alternative ways of writing the vowel sounds as well as alphabet work.
With a further 12 weekly units, Step 3 aims to consolidate the learning in Steps 1 and 2. New tricky words are introduced, as well as spelling patterns plus short and long vowels.
- PC: Windows® XP, Vista® or 7. User with Administrator/Privileged Access Rights for installation, 550 MB free hard-disk space, Intel PIII 1GHz or equivalent, 256MB RAM, SVGA graphics (800 x 600 at 16-bit), CD-ROM drive, sound card.
- Mac® (Intel-based) OS X® 10.4 - 10.8 (10.7 - 10.8 require the free Mac update tool for correct installation. This can be downloaded at www.jollylearning.co.uk), 550MB free hard-disk space for typical installation, 256MB RAM, SVGA graphics (800 x 600 at 16-bit), CD-ROM drive, sound card.
Pages: Two CDs in case
Size: 7.5 x 5.25in
Code: JL873 Jolly Phonics for the White(smart)Board (Site Licence).